Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sometimes my kids surprise me.

First, I want to apologize to all the other 365ers. I haven't been able to post any comments lately. I can't wait to catch up with everyone. It's been all I can do to snap a picture of my own.

I'm running around in circles. I can't get focused. I ran downstairs and there was Tori, studying for one of her exams with her snack. Wow. Maybe I didn't ruin their eating habits. How often do you see kids choosing veggies (even if she did add ranch dip) for their after school hunger buster? Made me proud! Now, if only I could always make such wise choices!

And then this is the other picture I was going to post. Since I'll be silent for the next few days, I figured I could go ahead and post more than one today. I love candles. For a long time I was too economical to burn them...if I burned them I'd use them up. What kind of logic is that? I guess I'm a grandchild of the depression! I'm finally over it though, and I love the sight the smell, the feeling.


6 comments:

LauraLiz said...

I like the way Tori is blurry and the veggies so crisp and clear!

Have a wonderful trip, and take lots of photos no matter what you find there--the good, the bad, and the ugly!!

Dancingirl said...

We burned some candles today, too. I'm praying for you and look forward to seeing all the pictures you'll take! Love you.

Sandie said...

I hope you have a great trip! I love the candle shot. And I agree with Laura the veggies in front crystal clear and Tori in the back just slightly out of focus makes the picture interesting and 'story' like.

Dalissa 365 said...

I love the dark and warm glow of the candle shot.

I, too, am impressed with your daughter's choice of snack and the variety of veggies she put on the plate.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo of the candles. Nice mood.

my15minutes said...

Paula, when are you getting back?? I miss your photos!