Tuesday, January 16, 2007


I'm getting ready to go to Madagascar. It's a little stressful, only because I'm not sure what's going on. I think conditions are going to be pretty rough. I was advised to bring long sleeved, cool clothing. Unfortunately, I don't have much of that! I guess mosquitoes are pretty bad. They said there are two kinds. The daytime critters cause dengue fever and the nighttime ones cause malaria. What fun!
It's going to be okay though. It's definitely not a vacation. I hope and pray that God will use me somehow. I ordered a few books on ESL. I'm desperately hoping they arrive prior to my departure. I have tomorrow to run the last minute errands and stock up on food for Art and the kids. Then the next day, I'm off!

5 comments:

Dancingirl said...

I always match my suitcase to my bedspread and pillows! Lol... Did you notice they match? At least it looks like it from here.

I'll be praying for you. I hope it ends up being a good trip in every way and that the mosquitos think you taste bad!

Sandie said...

I hope everything works out! Bring back lots of neat pictures :)

Colleen said...

I know it's not a vacation, Paula, but I envy you nonetheless. I envy that you are able to go out into the world and serve in this way. You're a great example to me. : )

SUSAN said...

Becky, I agree, Paul has artfully arranged her pillows around her matching suitcase.hehe

Paula, I hope you have a wonderful trip and none of your fears come true! We will be thinking of you.

Take lots of pictures, too.

Susan

MaryD said...

i've thought of you-- that out of control feeling associated with packing and not knowing what's going on! that's almost everyday life in Africa so you should be well prepared. hoping your trip is/has been very good.