Monday, January 8, 2007

January 8, 2007


Talk about a last minute effort! It wasn't for lack of desire, it was simply a lack of time. I was in DC all day, (for the last time as a volunteer, I turned in my letter of resignation) and then to my dd b'ball game, north of Baltimore, then home and out the door again to our small group from church. Fortunately I had my camera in the car, so when I saw the moon, I knew that was my picture. I was wishing I had a tripod with me, so that I could get details of the surface of the moon, but beggars can't be choosers. And I was glad to see this. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to take a picture of the headlights of the car in front of me, that would have been fairly representative of my day! My dh drove down the road for me, so I could get a better foreground, bless his heart. He's a good guy. Of course we have our moments. I guess most everyone does. But he tries so hard to help and support me. It's a huge gift, really it is.
I had another great thing happen. I'm going to Madagascar on the 18th of January. I've been a bit nervous because I have so little information. One of the guys in our small group works for the military as a pilot and guess where he is going to be the second half of this month? Africa! So he gave me the satellite number of his plane (jet?) and told me to call if I get in any trouble! Isn't that cool? I have a safety net! I seriously doubt that I'll need it, but it sure is nice to know that it's there.
Anyway, happy Moonday!

3 comments:

Sandie said...

I really like this shot. The moon is an interesting color.

Katrina said...

Your photos amaze me!

Dancingirl said...

Nice! How come your quick photos look so much better than my quick ones? :P You do have a great guy!