Wednesday, January 3, 2007

January 3, 2007

I'm posting a picture of the sunrise that began my day. If I posted a picture that really represented my day, it wouldn't be nearly so pretty! I spent most of the day at the clinic, trying to get some prescriptions refilled and get ready to go to Madagascar. Shots, malaria meds, and all that. One thing after another went wrong and on top of it there was another frustration. The man who is my contact for the trip to Madagascar has not been answering my emails and I knew that he left the country today. I knew he had purchased my ticket, but I still didn't have it. And I didn't have any of my questions answered. I was getting so stressed that I was beginning to have nightmares. So...I was trying to get hold of him all day. He finally called as I was fixing supper tonight, right before boarding his plane for Europe! And then, my ticket arrived in the mail! So that was a huge relief. I was really beginning to doubt that the trip was going to happen. I saw two of our mids this afternoon. Betsy stood in for me (I was still at the clinic) and picked them up at the airport. It was so good to see them again. Both want to go Marine Corps. Then tonight one of our former mids dropped in with a friend. They are spending the night here before heading down to Quantico and TBS. Grant just finished a Master's degree in Applied Math at Oxford. Then he went to Morocco for ten weeks for an intensive Arabic course. He's a really interesting guy. It was great to talk to him again. Hopefully he'll come up some weekends.

Well, my arm is sure sore from this typhoid shot. It's the first time I can remember that a shot has bothered me. And last year I got four at one time!

Okay, here's the picture. It didn't turn out as well on film as it looked in real life!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Sorry you had a difficult day. At least it started out w/ a pretty sunrise. I like the contrast of the dark of the trees w/ the colors of the sunrise.

Those typhoid shots do hurt. I've had one before. Hope it feels better soon.

SUSAN said...

Love this shot. There is something swirling about the colors, or maybe my vision is getting worse.hehe Anyway, it's really peaceful.

Sorry you had such a hard day.

Susan

my15minutes said...

They never do, do they? (film vs. reality)

Katrina said...

Very stressful! Glad your ticket came through. The sunrise is pretty. It's nice to have something beautiful in a day like that.