Monday, January 15, 2007

January 13-15, 2007

These pictures loaded backwards, but that's okay. I was at White Sulphur Springs this weekend, a retreat center for a group called Officer's Christian Fellowship. We go twice a year with the mids from the US Naval Academy. They are weekends of football and skits and line dancing and talking and then there is always a speaker. This weekend we didn't participate as much as usual. I was trying to get some talks ready to give in February. I leave for Madagascar on Thursday and go down to Florida soon after I return, so time is short. The girls were studying for finals. Anyway, the center is in Pennsylavania, it's really pretty. It's beautiful in the snow, but no snow this time. : ( This is the road leading up to the barn.

The mids almost always have a skit night. Here we've got three of the guy mids embarrassing the heck out of one of the girl mids by singing to her. The guy on the left is about 6'8"!
This was where I spent a lot of time, working on my talks. It's a really old inn, built in the 1800's. This is probably the best room. Unfortunately, there is no internet access!

Well, these pictures aren't much to look at, but they are pretty representative of my weekend.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I like how the photo of the road goes off around a curve. kinda mysterious . . . makes me wonder where the road leads . . . I know you said it goes to the barn, but that's not in the photo, so I can pretend I don't know. :D

Dancingirl said...

Looks like fun! Did you get much done on your talk?