Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007...again


I know I already posted once today, but I have to post again. We just got back from watching Tori, our youngest daughter, in a play. It was a sort of medley of Shakespeare with minimal props. She kept telling us she just had two tiny parts, not to expect too much, etc. Tori's very quiet, she doesn't like to be the center of attention, not extroverted at all. So we were all literally sitting with our mouths hanging open when she was on stage. This was a different child. She was great! Her expressions were animated, but not too much so, her motions were natural, she seemed completely confident. When she left the the stage we all looked at each other in stunned silence. Here she is playing the part of Portia. She's the one on the left. Anyway, I had to share this. We were all just so shocked.

8 comments:

SUSAN said...

She looks like her Mama...lovely! Isn't it funny/shocking when your child exhibits a character trait or strength you didn't know was there? It is shocking. This sounds like a great shock!

Susan

Sandie said...

This is a neat shot! It is hard to get good pictures during a show. And this one is a good way to remember the day too!

LauraLiz said...

I can totally relate! Jonathan played the president in Annie, telling me the whole time it was a small part with not many lines. Didn't tell me he had a solo (and I hadn't heard him sing publically since his voice changed). That he was hilarious. That he stole the show. I was just stunned! (Actually, the same thing happened when he appeared onstage in black leather as the dentist in Little Shop of Horrors).

It's so funny when we discover our kids can do things we didn't teach them and didn't see coming! I'm glad for this nice (shocking) experience for you! :-)

Tell her congrats!

Dancingirl said...

Go, Tori!! Often quiet kids are the best actors. They observe and can step outside of themselves when stepping into a role. I'd love to have seen her!!

Really great shot, too.

Dancingirl said...

P.S. Portia is one of my favorite Shakespeare characters! I met a Portia in real life the other night and she probably thought I was a bit crazy when I enthused over her name.

Was it a class thing? Who else did she play?

Paula said...

Whe was First Citizen in Julius Ceasar. :) She had to take drama this year, it was the only one semester course that fit her schedule and she surprised herself by loving it. She adores the teacher, gets excited about improv...you get the picture. We told her we expected to see her in the school play next year!

Dalissa 365 said...

She looks like a natural. I love the expression on her face.

Katrina said...

This is great! She looks like a natural actress.