Sunday, January 7, 2007

January 7, 2007




Warning: Corny poetry

Nothing to do, so I was at the stove cooking,
Cracking the eggs and not really looking.
When out of the window I saw something white,
In the depth of the winter an unusual sight.
I ran for the door and slipped my shoes on...
For what were the chances of spotting a swan?
This time of year they swim waters warm
And leave our small creek alone and forlorn.

I ran through the woods with my lens in my hand,
Running roughshod through the woods on our land.
The swans were not staying within easy view,
But this was the shot to be shared with all you.
My shoes were too slick and I took a slight tumble,
Though my camera was safe, my dress, it got rumpled.
The leaves were sliding all over the place
And when I got to the hills I slackened my pace.
And there at the point as I leaned on a log,
I took this sweet picture to place on my blog.
I hope you enjoy it, it seems God's special gift,
I hope that their beauty gives your spirits a lift.

10 comments:

my15minutes said...

Wow, we get a photo AND a poem. I feel special! Lovely swans with the reflections.

Ampersand said...

love the contrast of the swans and water...

Sandie said...

What you did just for us! Thank you, this is another one I could see published on a calendar or in a gallery!

Dalissa 365 said...

Gorgeous photo. I love how black the water looks against the brigh white of the swans.

Katrina said...

Oh my!! Gorgeous photo! And I don't think the poem is corny. I'm so glad I'm doing this project along with all of you guys. It is so much more enriching!

Nikki said...

Poetry and photograhy . . . you are so talented Paula! Thank you so much for sharing both. I just love swans; your photo is breathtaking.

SUSAN said...

The things we will do to get a good photoblog shot! heeh Sorry you fell but I'm glad you persevered because this photo is AWESOME!!

I like the poem too. :-)

Susan

Dancingirl said...

It did give me a lift! So much beauty. And a poem! Thank you.

LauraLiz said...

What a gorgeous photo! I love it that I've met you IRL and can just "see" you running through the woods, determined to get the good shot. :-) Enjoyed the poem, too.

Sandy said...

I never got around to commenting on this one but I loved everything about it (and the poem!). You've got such beauty available in your backyard! I love the contrast of the dark water and the white swans and also their reflection in the water.

Absolutely beautiful!