Friday, January 5, 2007

January 5, 2007

Some of my friends have been feeling blue about their kids growing up and entering a new stage of life. Which is normal. I'm feeling it too, just at the next stage. Sharing my kids with their jobs, and their spouses and feeling the distance. But I just wanted to say that there are some good things too! My dh and I can go out for lunch, just the two of us, without leaving anyone behind! And (since there are no growing teenage boys) bring the leftovers home for supper! There are other good things as well. More freedom. But sometimes I wish I could go back in time for just one day and revel in their childhood again and feel their arms around my neck. I want to play games with them and read them books and splash them in the tub. I guess God is preparing me to be a grandmother.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I feel like this post was just for me. Thanks Paula. I love Chinese and this post makes me look forward to that fun, free future a bit more.

Katrina said...

Enjoyed your thoughts along with your picture. :)

margaretm said...

I love this picture! You really have a knack for taking photos...what kind of camera are you using? (If you don't mind me asking! We are shopping!)