Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007


I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country. It's easy to take pictures around here. I drive over a bridge daily, and this shack is next to the bridge. I've been wanting to photograph it for a while, so this morning I got up and went as the sun came up to catch it. It was an added bonus that the mist was rising from the river.
So...I got an early start. Hopefully I can make good use of this day that God has given me. I bought and downloaded the household chore organizer that was recommended to me. Hopefully it will help.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the early morning light on this picture. I took a bunch of photos at dawn this a.m. too, but also several even earlier than that. :) Still trying to decide what to put on today's post.

You live in a gorgeous setting!

LauraLiz said...

This is exactly the sort of scene that would catch my eye. I love the colors of the shack and surrounding lanscape, and the reflections in the water. Nice.

SUSAN said...

You really should enter your photos in nature magazines. Have you heard of "Country" magazine? They have these "God's Country" sections where you send in photos from your neck of the woods and your photos would be perfect.

This shack makes me wonder about it's history. Lovely photo, so peaceful!

Susan

Ampersand said...

Paula, that shot is fabulous and you are so blessed to have those surroundings! I'm so happy I get to see them in your photos.

Dancingirl said...

Hope your day has gone well... I love this. The water, the hint of mystery with the mist, the brown tones of the shack and grass. Beautiful.

Sandie said...

Very pretty, I am glad you got up early to show it to us.

Colleen said...

My goodness, your photos are so lovely, Paula. Did you say something about...reading the manual? ;-)