Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January 10, 2007


We have this beautiful Greek Orthodox church just a mile or two down the road. I love to see the sun glistening on the gold of the dome and the crosses and bells. Once a year they have a Greek Festival and the cars park everywhere! They have greek dancing and drink and of course food, including gyros!

Winter has definitely begun to make its presence known. The cold whipped around me as I took this picture and bit at my fingers, making me wish for the gloves I left at home.

I went to Barnes and Nobles with my dd looking for books on teaching ESL. There really wasn't anything there for teaching conversational English, they all assume reading and writing. Sigh. Doesn't someone want to write one?

Also looked at some Russian books. It's such a daunting language. I may give it a try though.

5 comments:

LauraLiz said...

I love the contast of blue and white. I've been trying to get a photo I like of the "steeple" of my lab (we weren't always a medical facility) but so far I don't seem able to capture what I'm looking for.

This one is really nice.

RedGypsie said...

Stunning!! And how neat is it that these are the "colors" one would find in Greece, even as you are so far away from there? I"m pretty sure Fr. Gregory and Mat. Frederica Mathewes-Green church is not far from you...

my15minutes said...

When your pic first started loading, I thought "Santorini!" because that Greek look is so universal. I love our local Greek festival as well.... there's a large Greek community here, so our Greek restaurants are great.

Dancingirl said...

And you matched your font color to the blue sky!! Beautiful photo.

There are some good English conversation sites online. But we've not been impressed with many of the actual books.

Sandie said...

The blue sky, the white and gold church....so Greek! Very beautiful.