Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yesterday's photo

Okay, I have to admit I didn't take this picture yesterday, but I was working on my photos in Photoshop and I found a technique I really love. I took this picture last November. I wasn't too impressed with it until I messed with postprocessing. Now, I not only love it, I am, inspired to want to take a painting class!
The reason I was fooling around with some of my old pictures is that my son needs some art work for his walls and he asked me to make a CD for him of some of my pictures. I think some of these, done this way, will look great blown up into posters. I'm having this one made today and I'm hoping that I'll be happy with the results.
Maybe it's cheating to make a photo look like a print of a painting, I don't know. All I know is that it's visually pleasing to me. Thoughts?


8 comments:

my15minutes said...

This is great. How'd you do it? Photoshop? Which effect is it?

Carol Ann Weaver said...

This is so funny. I was at Barnes and Noble last night, and they had a whole book on how to make paintings out of your digital photography with photoshop! I didn't even know you could do that until last night, and there is your picture!

Amazing effect, and I really thnk I should look into getting that photoshop! Beautiful!

Paula said...

I got back the posters I had made...two different shots, and I LOVE them! I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. I can see all kinds of possibilities!

Paula said...

Beth, I should have added, it's the dry brush. Go to filters, then artistic, then dry brush. I push them pretty far up there so that the effect is obvious, but you can play around to see what you like. Have fun!

Colleen said...

Since you asked for thoughts...I have to admit, I tend to like photos best in their natural state. I'm just not one who appreciates a souped up version. So I like this photo, but I would probably prefer the original. What matters, though, is that YOU like it, and that you feel inspired. : )

Dancingirl said...

It does give the effect of a painting and is beautiful! What was the other poster of?

Katrina said...

What a neat idea! It makes a pretty "painting."

Dalissa 365 said...

I really liked how this shot turned out as a painting. Playing with photoshop is fun, isn't it?