Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snow Day

Admittedly, it was a pathetic excuse for a snow day...barely an inch of snow, but the temperatures were frigid for this part of the country. This picture of our front yard looked blue in the early morning light.


The girls (this is our dd Christie) quickly went back to bed.

The snow stuck to our shoes but was evidently not sticky for snowballs.


Any splash of color was immediately evident.







Betsy made pancakes for the first time. They aren't necessarily the prettiest in the world, but they sure did taste good.
Good conversation can ruin bacon though. I left it in the oven 'for a little bit longer' and then the girls and I got into a good conversation and I forgot about it. It was all burned to a crisp and our downstairs was full of smoke. :)




The birds were busy at the feeders though.










7 comments:

SUSAN said...

Precious little birdies! I've done the same thing to bacon. ugh
Lovely day you had there, Miss Paula!

Susan

Carol Ann Weaver said...

How can you chose just one of those. They are all great pictures. I really love the speck of color on a white day!

Colleen said...

I'm so impressed by the clarity of those close-up shots (the berries and birds). Lovely!

Katrina said...

Very pretty. Doesn't snow make for a great photo op? I love it!! We took so many similar pictures. :)

LauraLiz said...

I so enjoyed the look at your morning! (Christie's bed looks so inviting...)

Unknown said...

Your bird shots are exquisite! You've got that feeder perfectly positioned for the highlights. And how do you get so close? I envy you.

Also, I took photos of footprints in the snow this a.m. I see several of us have. I haven't posted them yet, but it's fun to see how we all think alike.

Dalissa 365 said...

The photos of the bushes with splashes of color are my favorite. I also really like how blue the snow looks that early in the morning... really nice. Thanks for walking us through your morning!