Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday, February 4...My mother's hands


This is my first try at any sort of self-portrait. I have my mother's hands. So often when I look at them I think of her. We both have thin nails that we can't grow long, prominent veins and thin fingers. I love my hands, not because they are beautiful, but because my mom gave them to me and as long as I live I'll have that part of her.
I edited this to make it black and white after reading the other posts. Where do we find out about the challenges?


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I have my mother's hands, too, who has her mother's--so I know how you feel. Beauty comes in many forms.

Natalia said...

I have my mother's hands as well. And I was wondering about the challenges too. Let me know when you find out!

LauraLiz said...

Lovely tribute and lovely photo.

Colleen said...

What a coincidence! I photographed my hand today, too ~ washing dishes, in my case. I considered posting that photo and mentioning how my hands remind me of my mother's hands. The picture wasn't good enough, though. I like yours.