Sunday, February 18, 2007

In flight

I was eating lunch with some company we had over when I saw seagulls for the first time in our backyard. We've lived here over six years and they've never come up before. I know the folks visiting thought I was crazy because I jumped up from the table and ran for my camera. My husband was in the background trying to explain. "See, she has to take a picture every day..."

I'm actually behind on posting. I did take pictures on Friday and Saturday, I'll get them up eventually.

9 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Beautiful! I was trying to take some duck shots yesterday, and I was always to late to capture their flying through the air! How far are you from the sea?

NoVA Dad said...

Don't worry about falling behind; I've had somewhat of a slack streak myself lately.....

my15minutes said...

Beautiful soft lighting and composition.

Katrina said...

Beautiful! I love the streaks of sunlight in the sky.

Ampersand said...

That is a wonderful shot and LOL at your dh's explanation to the guests :-).

SUSAN said...

Love the soft rays of sun....makes me think of "Jonathon Livingston Seagull", which I highly recommend, btw.

Susan

jo(e) said...

What a gorgeous shot.

(See, I would have leaped up with my camera, made a fool of myself, and then not even gotten a good shot....)

Sandy said...

Very pretty! The gull in flight is pretty but the rays of the sun really make the picture.

Your dh's explanation made me smile.

Dancingirl said...

This is beautiful! I saw some pelicans flying overhead this afternoon as I took the garbage cans to the curb, but had only garbage cans in hand! I was so mad.

I love the rays of light.