Saturday, February 24, 2007

Catching up...February 21-24

Art and I made a quick trip down to Charleston, leaving around noon on the 21st.

The next day we helped our son move from his apartment to a house he bought across the street. He lives in a neighbor'hood' but it's getting better.
We went downtown for supper on the 22nd and I had to take a picture of a lampost!
There is an elderly black man, living right behind Andy who is famous for his wrought iron work. Busloads of upper class white women come to see his shop, which is in a shack in his back yard. I mean this guy is famous all over Charleston. So I went over and took some pictures. You literally look from his yard into Andy's. But what is so amazing is that for all the aclaim his work has gotten, he still lives in the same house and still works in these primitive conditions.
We got home at about one in the morning. Today we had company and I went with dd, Christiana to look for prom gowns. Here is she is with a friend, both modeling the same dress. This was a theme for the day...both trying on the same dresses. We still haven't found 'the dress'...sigh. Her taste and my budget don't always match. And it didn't help that other girls were spending $400 on their gowns. Besides, I think she'll look beautiful no matter what she wears.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I always enjoy these glimpses into your life, Paula, and this is a nice series. As far as shopping for prom dresses is concerned, though, better ye than me! LOL

SUSAN said...

Great photos, Paula....really nice n the B&W! I especially like the last one. :-) Hope you find "THE" dress soon!

Susan

Dalissa 365 said...

I really enjoyed looking at the photos from your trip... the ironwork, the lamp post (email a jpeg to me for the LP site collage), etc. And, I hope you take lots of photos of the dress shopping. I love looking at prom dresses... I guess it's the wannabe fashion designer in me.