Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yesterday and today

The picture on the bottom represents what we did yesterday and today. We have woods all behind out house. We spent many hours thinning out the undergrowth and clearing some paths and making a spot where we hope to build a fire pit. It was fun! It's amazing what the right tool will do. Yesterday I was working with some old shears, today I had new loppers. They were incredible! I think I'm going to be a bit sore though, I'm so not used to doing that kind of work. Then tonight we went downtown and ate and walked around. I saw this lamp post and thought of the LampPost gang. I love my downtown, even if it is touristy. We see so many interesting people. I can't think of a better place to people watch.



4 comments:

SUSAN said...

Looks very cozy! Have fun clearing and building and firegazing.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love your backyard! I hope to see fire photos soon!

Ampersand said...

I really like the colors in the lamp post shot.

A fire pit sound so nice.

Susanne Barrett said...

Love the lamp post! :)