Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mary from Dakar was here!

They came! They really came! I'm usually not hyperactive, but this morning I was acting like a kid, waiting for Mary and family to arrive. And they came! Woohoo!
We rented a boat and took them out on the Severn river...

David is Mary's husband...you can see us reflected in his glasses...
We went to the Naval Academy Museum. These boats were made by prisoners out of the beef and mutton bones from their food. They are amazing...so detailed. I guess true artists will find a way to create.
Jacob came too. He was a great boat driver on the river and a good sport to hang out with us.
It was even better to be with Mary, David and Jacob than I had hoped. I felt like they were old friends.

9 comments:

Dancingirl said...

I've thought about you and Mary all day today! It's great to see pictures! I'm so glad she and her family were able to visit. Sounds like a great day!

SUSAN said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. I'm glad you took pics. :-)

Susan

Susanne Barrett said...

I'm jealous. :) Glad you all had a great time. Love the river!

Claire said...

whoo-hooo! fantastic - what a gift from God - these encounters from across the globe brought close!

Sandie said...

I like the relaxed shot of Mary on the boat and the one David with the reflection is great! It is neat to see the visit from two different perspectives.

my15minutes said...

How cool for you both! That so wonderful. I'm glad (from the look of both your blogs) you had a great time together.

Katrina said...

Oh, how fun!! I'm glad. :)

LauraLiz said...

Great shots! Of course I'm jealous....

Sandy said...

Looks like you all had a *great* time. So glad you were able to meet and visit. It's killing me for Mary to be so much closer and not be able to meet her!