Sunday, June 24, 2007

Home again

I can't believe how infrequently I've been posting. I've been out of town though and that makes it tough. WSS is a step back in time and that includes internet time! Rocking chairs on the front porch of the hotel are about as high tech as things get.
We did go out to Raystown lake...a manmade lake up in the mountains. It is 29 miles of absolute beauty. Our friends had a 21 foot deck boat. It was great.
Art did a little skiing. Not bad for a fifty-something guy who hasn't done it for over a decade. He even did some time on one ski!
Today we celebrated Father's day late...all of our kids were here except Andy. He deploys to waters south tomorrow. If he had been here it would have been great but it was nice to have all the rest of the kids here. I haven't been able to look at the other blogs lately. Life is just too hectic. Our church is doing a series on 'margins'. I think it might be timely. I have my first full day of work tomorrow, guests coming in the afternoon to bring their son to the US Naval Academy and then three Ukrainian girls the next day. I'm not even sure what happens after that! One or two days at a time!

2 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Lovely shot, Paula. That lake is breathtaking! (We don't do many lakes out here in So Cal - just the beach.)

MaryD said...

Hi Paula! These pictures are great. I've been missing "seeing" you around lately-- not that I've been able to be around much either-- but it's nice to see you back.