Tuesday, June 12, 2007

From and to Iraq

Dave, one of our mids, now a FIRST LIEUTENANT!!! is home from Iraq on his R&R. I didn't have the heart to tell him it's really not humid today. It was great to see him. By the way, hello Heather!

But today there was a send off for the Maryland National Guard deploying to Iraq for the first time. The fellow at the back right is the son of a lady I work with. Not an easy time for a wife or a mom. It brought back the memories of sending Andy off. I had forgotten a little.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both are really good shots, but expecially the bottom one. My heart strings... :(

Sandie said...

I love his smile! The bottom one tugs at my heart too. I have had two of my former students join the service this spring. I am proud of them, and a bit scared too.