Thursday, March 1, 2007

Yesterday's and today's pictures

Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and they had the most amazing little roses, and for only 3.99 a bunch. I've never seen anything like these before. I remember when I went to school in England, I saw roses growing in people's gardens that looked so fake, due to their coloring. I think all I had seen up to that time was red, pink and white. Maybe I saw an exotic 'yellow' once in a while. Anyway, I thought these were really unusual.
Leaving our neighborhood tonight, my dh and one of my dd's sighted this bird. I thought he could be a good companion for Mary's vultures! The light was getting little dim, so he's not really crisp, but still you can see him.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the heron shot and the flower is gorgeous - such interesting patterns. You do great with nature. I learn a lot looking at your photos.

SUSAN said...

He really stands out when you enlarge the photo. Reminds me of a little man. ;-)

Did you ever watch "Mrs. Miniver"? It's a World War II war time movie, set in England, with lots of unique roses. I think you would like it.

Susan

Colleen said...

What an unusual rose. And I love herons, so I enjoyed both of these. : )

Ampersand said...

The rose is fabulous.

I've never seen a heron up high like that, always have seen them in the water.

MaryD said...

There's something about birds near water, that always seems to me a great picture. I love this one. He is definitely more attractive than the vultures though!

Sandie said...

Those are neat roses and the heron is cool!

Katrina said...

Beautiful roses! So unique! I love getting shots of birds. They are so fun! (but a challenge to "capture")

LauraLiz said...

What interesting roses!!

I keep watching the "Coming soon--Trader Joe's" sign a mile or two from my house. It's still on its way, I guess.

Dalissa 365 said...

That rose photo is splendid! I love the clarity and color. I also like the photo in your other post of your downtown... very pretty. And, it's nice seeing your comfie corner in your bedroom.