Friday, March 2, 2007

My downtown

Tonight, after dropping off dd #4 at softball practice, I decided to go downtown and take some pictures. For the very first time I felt delight in 'my downtown'. I've always felt like it was a neat place, but never like it had any connection to me. So it was a sort of neat moment. But really, think about it. Think about going as deep into a downtown area as you possibly could. In most cities the sight wouldn't be pretty, I don't think. It might be active, it might have human interest, it might have grand architecture, but I down there are many places that in the heart of 'downtown' you would find the natural beauty that I have. I had so many pictures I wanted to share...of the boats, of Main Street, of the moon, but I chose this one. Tnis little guy flew away, but I was glad I caught him while he was resting.


5 comments:

my15minutes said...

I like that little guy. Nice shot.

Joy said...

This is breathtaking!

Katrina said...

Water. The moon. A bird. Pink sky. Does it get any better? Lovely shot, Paula.

Ampersand said...

I forgot to comment on this one...ditto what Katrina said, exactly :-).

MaryD said...

this is beautiful!