Saturday, March 10, 2007

By jove, I think spring has come to the area!

I went outside to take a picture of a dry end of grass that I saw and I took that. Then I looked up and saw we had two daffodils up! When I walked up to photograph them I saw our crocuses and some other little flowers. Then dh and I walked down to the dock and the swans are back! Now, hardly anyone in Maryland likes these swans. They are really destructive to the waterways because they pull the grasses up by the roots. They aren't native to the area and they are ruining things for the crabs and other native water creatures. But, they do still have a smooth grace that is beautiful to watch. Of course the closer they get, the more you see their imperfections, but isn't that true with anything? I waited to try and get this picture with the reflection and my swan friend finally turned the right way. I'm going to post a few of my other pictures on my other web site, I really am going to try and keep this site to one a day.


3 comments:

Joy said...

I just love swans! So elegant. Please feel free to link my page! Thanks for allowing me to do the same.

Dancingirl said...

He may be destructive, but he sure is beautiful! Glad you're getting some flowers!

Katrina said...

Beautiful! You got a good shot of him.