Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Blue Angels

It's fun to have a boat. It's even more fun to have friends who have boats. That way they have the headaches and you get the benefits at times.
Today was one of those times. The family that Betsy nannies for took us out on their boat to see the Blue Angels. They really are amazing pilots. We used to live in Pensacola and watch them practice but this is the first time I've watched them for several years. And we were in a prime location. We went out and anchored amidst a virtual flotilla of boats. One by one they were asked to move until we were in the front row of allowed space. It was great. And the day could not have been more beautiful, the children more well behaved...it was all just perfect.


If I click on the photo below to enlarge it, I feel almost like I am in the jet with the pilot!


4 comments:

SUSAN said...

Gorgeous shots! Glad you had a fun day. :-)

Susan

Susanne Barrett said...

Very cool! I remember seeing them fly at Miramar here in San Diego when I was a kid. My brother, a pilot under contract with the Navy, still goes to see them every year.

Sandy said...

These are great shots. They are not easy to take pictures of. We saw them in November. We had friends who saw the show on the water and said it was so much and a perfect view.

MaryD said...

These are really fun pictures. Nice to see this from the water!